Wednesday, September 16, 2009

IT is Not ET. We ain't knowing everything about IT

Some of the boss must change their mind set. IT professional - is not necessary to know every and every thing about IT. Even doctor, we can have different kind of doctor like pediatrician, orthopaedist, neurologists, gynecologist,physicians and etc. So people don't treat IT professional to know every IT from head to tail.

I ain't your real time price list, I ain't your phone technician, I ain't a TV technician, I ain't a machine technician and I aint .... . Talk about machine technician, I remember when I was working in a manufacturing company, the "so call" production manager, she thought I know everything, and asked me to go down and repair the stupid CNC machine which hook up with a computer. Actually, at the moment I want to shout "Oi, you know I know everything ah. I am a IT support not the your "IT Know Everything" to know how to fix all the things which hook up with a pc".

"So BOSS, or Manager. IT professional not a mighty ET. Flash the finger then everything can heal one. Stop telling me to fix something using electrical current or hook up with a PC"

Nevertheless, being a IT professional, I won't stop to learn new knowledge, new gadget, new ... geh

P.S: Now I only know VLC Media Player can snapshot quick time. Please guys, if you have any IT knowledge want to share. Share share ya

1 comment:

Jade said...

I agree with you... :) we are IT professional, but we are not knowing everything about IT.